Education System in Australia
Australian Qualifications Framework
The Australian education system is distinguished from many other countries by the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) The AQF has 10 levels and links school, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system. This allows you to move easily from one level of study to the next, and from one institution to another, as long as you satisfy student visa requirements. It allows for choice and flexibility in career planning. All qualifications in the AQF help prepare you for both further study and your working life.
Awarded courses vary considerably with the higher education sector in the form of entry requirements, duration and method of assessment. The following awards are offered by Australian Universities:
- Doctoral Degree
- Masters Degree
- Graduate Diploma / Graduate Certificate
- Bachelors Degree
- TAFE Certificate III & IV
- Undergraduate Diploma / Advanced Diploma and
- Associate Diploma/ AQF (Australian Quality Framework) Diploma
Courses offered by the universities
- Humanities: English, Philosophy, History, Foreign Language Studies, Communications, Psychology
- Education: Education Studies, Teaching, Early Childhood, Special Education
- Social Studies: Geography, Behavioral Studies, Welfare And Counseling, Sport And Recreation, Sociology
- Mathematics And Computing: Mathematics And Statistics, Computer Based Information System, Computer Science
- Science: Science Pharmacology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Biotechnology
- Visual And Performing Arts: Art, Graphic Arts, Fashion Design, Crafts, Performing Arts, Music
- Engineering: Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Structural, Mechanical, Automotive, Aeronautical, Mining, Industrial, General Engineering, Computer, Telecommunications, Mechatronics, Polymer, Environmental
- Business Administration And Law: Economics, Accounting, Commerce, Management, Administration, Marketing, Finance, HR Economics, Accounting, Commerce, Management, Administration, Marketing, Finance, HR
- Health Sciences: Nursing, Nutrition, Environmental Health, Personal And Family Health Care, Pharmacy, Veterinary Sci, Public Health, Physiotherapy.
- Agriculture: Agriculture, Forest, Horticulture
- Hospitality & Tourism: Hotel Management, Tourism Management, Commercial Cookery.