Application Procedure in UK
English Language Requirements
- IELTS minimum score of 7.0 for Postgraduate and 6.5 for Undergraduate Studies.
- TOEFL minimum score of 90 (Internet Based Test) for Postgraduate and 80 (Internet Based Test) for Undergraduate Studies.
- Exemption is possible if student has scored above 70% in English language in the X and XII std.(English Medium) & if medium of instruction throughout school & college was English.
Entry Requirements / Eligibility
- 65% and above for humanities in XIIth.
- 70 – 80% and above for Science, Commerce, Engg in Std. XII / Diploma.
- 2nd class could also be considered by some Universities if there is some additional qualification / experience. (Foundations and Diploma programs are available for students who have secured below 60%)
- Completed / will complete 18 years of age before joining a degree program.
60 % and above in 1st degree is required by most of the Universities for Masters and Research courses.
Some universities may even accept student at 55% and above in the 1st degree GMAT scores ranging between 600-700 by many Universities for Management Programs
if required. Full time work experience of at least 2-4 years after 1st degree required by many Universities for Management Programs (MBA). The same may vary from University to University
All MBA accredited universities require a minimum of 3 years above work experience and an age criteria of 25 years plus as a minimum age requirement.
- Attested copies of mark sheets of Std X, XII, and all the 3 /4 / 5 years of the Bachelors degree. Edwise counsellors can attest these for you, on sighting the originals.
- At least, 2 Academic reference letters from professors who have taught you most recently. Once reference in case of UG application on the UCAS application form itself.
- If you have work experience then at least one work recommendation from the employer who knows you well and can comment on your professional abilities.
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume.
- Photocopied score reports of GMAT / IETLS / TOEFL if available / required.
- Portfolio (in case of Students applying for art and design courses & Architecture programs).
- Others (Certificates / achievements at the State and National Level and extra curricular activities).
Applying for Undergraduate Courses
Applications are made only through UCAS (only 1 application can be made in an academic year).
It is an online application method.
One can apply to 5 different Universities on the same application form.
A fee of £ 19 is charged by UCAS to process applications and £ 5 if applying to just one University.
- Art and Design – 24th March
- Oxford / Cambridge -15th October
- Other Programs – 1st Deadline – 15th Jan : 2nd & Final Deadline – 30th June
Sandwich and Foundation Programs Sandwich programs are made up of combination of periods of study and time spent in industry. So the course duration extends to 4 years instead of the usual 3 years.
Foundation programes are of 1 year duration and are generally tailored for students as an alternative route to bridge between one own qualification and that which is required for entry for a degree program in a university / college.
Please note that it is advisable to meet the 1st deadline which is 15th Jan.
Students are strongly advised to apply sooner as the application process may take time due to Universities getting an overwhelming number of applications.
Applying for Post Graduate Programs
Whereas one can apply in any number of Universities, different universities/ colleges might have specific requirements. Please feel free to get in touch with one of counsellors, who are ready to answer all your queries.